Twitter Redesign Adds Header Image
Like Facebook’s cover photo or a Google+ banner, Twitter’s new header photo will give you some additional continuity between your site and your social media profile.
Twitter announced today (September 18, 2011) that you can make your presence on Twitter more meaningful with new Twitter profiles. Upload an all-new header photo on mobile apps for iPad, iPhone and Android or twitter.com, and the same image will appear whenever anyone views your profile on the web or these apps. You can upload your header photo, which appears above your Tweets, to express yourself instantly, anywhere.
Updating Your Header Image
- Go to your Settings and click on the “Design” tab.
- Scroll down to the Customize your own section.
- Click on “Change Header” to upload a new header photo or remove your existing header photo. Original image size cannot exceed 1252×626 pixels (with a max file size of 5MB). Twitter does not specify a minimum size, but anything smaller than 640 pixels wide will likely look bad.
- Select the image you would like to upload.
- Once you have an image, you can move and scale it as you please.
- Remember to “Save Changes”.
Now click “Me” from the menu bar at the top of the page and you’ll see your new header image behind your avatar. Don’t forget to update your twitter apps on your smart phone and tablet to see your image there too.